I love history and have a passion for sharing it with others. I became a teacher after helping a fellow employee at my warehouse job get his GED. It was really rewarding, and it was something I discovered that I had a knack for. After several years of graduate school, I started teaching in LPS in 1997. I started my teaching career at Southeast and enjoyed working there for seven years. In 2004 I made the move to North Star in where I currently teach US History and AP US History.
8/04 – Present:
Lincoln North Star High School
Social Studies Teacher
· Created, implemented and managed curriculum for 9th through 12th grade students in Civics, World Geography, World History, US History, AP US History, and Government and Politics.
· Participated in implementation and standardization of tests and curriculum of PLCs for US History.
· North Star representative in CCIP development for Social Studies in the Lincoln Public School System.
8/96 – 6/04:
Lincoln Southeast High School
Special Education Teacher
· Created, implemented and managed curriculum for 9th through 12th grade students in the courses of Civics, Basic Science, Geometry, Reading, World Geography, World History, US History and Economic Perspectives.
· IEP manager for an average of 20-25 students per semester.
· Recipient of a LPS Foundation grant for Special Education classroom improvement.
· Geology/Remote Sensing Coach for the Science Olympiad team.
B.A. (History) – University of Nebraska
Social Studies Teaching Certification - University of Nebraska
M.Ed. – University of Nebraska